The Wayne Township Trustee provides emergency assistance for individuals who meet the eligibility requirements. Individuals 18 years of age and older may apply for assistance. Clients are seen Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 3:00 pm by appointment only.
All applicants applying for township assistance will be processed according to written uniform standards, without regard to applicant’s age, sex religious creed, national origin, political belief or physical or mental handicap.
Persons that may qualify for other benefit programs will be required to make a formal application with those programs
To determine eligibility, the Trustee will consider resources and assets of the household such as cash on hand, checking and savings accounts, certificates of deposit, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, proceeds of grants, student loans or stipends, recreational vehicles and any other resources.
The township may require households requesting township assistance to allow an inspection of their living quarters. The inspector will assess the units compliance with the minimum standards of health, safety, decency, and will determine the amount of rental assistance per trustee standards.
Determination will be made within 72 hours of the initial application. Holidays and weekends are excluded.
Wayne Township will accommodate persons who are unable to physically come into the township office to apply for township assistance. Arrangements for home visits may be made by calling the office and making an appointment. Forms may be accessed on this page of the website. When you are making your appointment, please ask what forms you need to print and complete for your appointment.
The Wayne Township Trustee provides assistance with basic living expenses which may include: Medical Assistance, Food, Shelter, Transportation, Utilities, Burial, Heating Fuel, and Clothing. You may contact our office at (317)-241-4191.
The Wayne Township Trustee also provides a Veterans Services Officer. IF you are a veteran, or the spouse of a veteran and you need help filing a claim or checking the status of an existing claim, you can contact the Veterans Service Officer at the Trustee office by calling (317) 246-6279.
Your caseworker can explain all services to you in detail.
What You Need to Bring on Appointment Day
- Proof of residence (Lease or Mortgage)
- State issued Identification for all household members 18 years of age or older
- Social Security information for all house hold members – www.ssa.gov
- Signature on application for all household members 18 years of age or older
- Income for all adults in the household in the past 30 days
- Paid receipts (cancelled checks, statements, money order stubs)
- Proof of filing taxes by providing income taxes showing income and payment of taxes or refund (February 1 to June 30)
Tips for Applying
- Be on time, be patient and be honest
- Bring all information requested and more if you can
- Keep all appointments with other agencies
- Keep all receipts and pay stubs
Clicking on the link above will provide you a list of other assistance programs and website and contact information. These programs require appointments to be made.
Wayne Township Assistance Forms for Download
Click on the name of the form to start the download and print.
For returning clients
Click this link for information on this program